The Director of Manufacturing is responsible for overall operations of Organic and Inorganic Certified Reference Material Manufacturing. This position requires bringing together managerial skills, knowledge of safety and knowledge of manufacturing processes and lab procedures to ensure manufacturing operates smoothly and efficiently. Managerial duties generally includes ownership of managing safety, quality, service and costs for both the Organic and Inorganic Divisions to ensure products from the processes meet internal/external quality specification as well as the guaranteed product delivery time. In addition, this role will work to align manufacturing capabilities to support accelerated growth.
· Accountable to deliver improved results in laboratory environmental, health and safety compliance
· Drive systematic improvements throughout the supply chain with the application of Lean Six Sigma (LSS)
· Ensure appropriate supply chain performance through operational management as measured by customer responsiveness, delivery performance, capacity management, supplier management and appropriate inventory management
· Drive cost improvements through the application of LSS, and maximizing the leverage of capabilities across both divisions
· Diagnose and investigate any external and internal customer complaints. Based upon the nature of the complaints, take actions to resolve in a timely manner and take all the necessary steps for internal process improvement to prevent future occurrence of similar complaints
Pro-active involvement with local personnel and business to align manufacturing capabilities to drive local growth.
· Manage and track in-process materials and the finished goods inventory to make sure the products are scheduled for manufacturing and delivered on time from the process
· Manage the products’ backlogs
· Manufacture products with planning and with stringent quality requirements while keeping the inventory to a profitable level, minimize stock-out cost.
· Maintain Accreditations as required and focus on continuous process improvement.
· Provide updated price information on various products to Sales and Sales support
· Trouble – shoot the manufacturing process problems to ensure a smooth daily operation
· Manage and lead the manufacturing teams with technical guidance & proper safe practices
· Report unsolved process and quality issues to President in timely manner
· Other duties assigned by President
· Shall have advanced degree in chemistry. Emphasis on analytical field is desired.
· Must have at least 10 years of supervisory experience
· Lean Six Sigma Green Belt
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to develop plans to support organizational objectives such as Lean manufacturing, six sigma
· Strong computer skills, especially Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint skills;
· Strong intrapersonal and communication skills
· Effective time management, organizational, and leadership skills
· Good flexibility
· Effective planning and scheduling skills
· Strong influential techniques
We offer a base salary with bonus and an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, Life, AD&D, STD, LTD, VAC, PTO, flextime and more.
Qualified candidates send resume with salary requirements marked for “Director of Mfg – US” to: email@example.com